Please visit our school council page (in the information tab) to see photos and details on our recent scarecrow competition and a super ice lolly treat for every child in school to celebrate their hard work this term!
Please visit our English page to see our fantastic Extreme Reading photographs. Well done to all the children that took part.
Well done to Year 4 for coming 2nd in the Wakefield Council Tour de Yorkshire recycled artwork competition. Links are available to view on the Year 4 page.
Horbury Primary School is a community where children become confident, caring individuals with high aspirations, an enduring enthusiasm for learning and the necessary skills to succeed in life.
The aims of our school
To achieve our vision we aim for all members of our school community to:
- Be confident and independent learners and thinkers
- Help each other and work as a team
- Develop healthy minds and bodies
- Be respectful of ourselves, of others and of the environment
- Always try our best
- Feel happy and safe
- Take responsibility for our own actions
- To be self-disciplined and to have an understanding of right and wrong
We aim to provide:
- A broad, balanced, creative and engaging curriculum
- Enrichment activities which bring value to children’s lives such as
- Visitors into school
- Residential trips
- School gardens
- Voice In A Million
- A stimulating surrounding that is valued by all
- An inclusive and welcoming school
- Opportunities for critical thinking, problem solving and real life experiences
Latest Horbury Primary School Events Events
- Staff Training Day - School Closed to Children01Jun2015
- School Opens After Half Term02Jun2015
09:00 am - 09:00 am
Horbury Primary @HorburyPS
23 May #Nepal fund raising at HPS to support the people of Nepal affected by the recent earthquakes was a great success raising in excess of £610
6 May #scarecrowcompetition Our winner is 1T - well done with their Plant Pot scarecrow!
6 May RT @EmmaSavConcepts: RT @westwakefield: How will this shape your app designs? @HorburyPS @microsofteduk @avharms #schoolsappchallenge http…
6 May RT @westwakefield: @HorburyPS learning sprite movement and design skills today @TouchDevelop @avharms #schoolsappchallenge #health app http…
26 Mar RT @westwakefield: Media activity successfully completed with 6 fantastic finalist teams with @EmmaSavConcepts @HorburyPS @microsofteduk #s…