Congratulations to our brand new team of Horbury Primary eCadets!
Horbury Primary School is a community where children become confident, caring individuals with high aspirations, an enduring enthusiasm for learning and the necessary skills to succeed in life.
The aims of our school
To achieve our vision we aim for all members of our school community to:
- Be confident and independent learners and thinkers
- Help each other and work as a team
- Develop healthy minds and bodies
- Be respectful of ourselves, of others and of the environment
- Always try our best
- Feel happy and safe
- Take responsibility for our own actions
- To be self-disciplined and to have an understanding of right and wrong
We aim to provide:
- A broad, balanced, creative and engaging curriculum
- Enrichment activities which bring value to children’s lives such as
- Visitors into school
- Residential trips
- School gardens
- Voice In A Million
- A stimulating surrounding that is valued by all
- An inclusive and welcoming school
- Opportunities for critical thinking, problem solving and real life experiences
Information for parents regarding internet safety
- Half-term: 5 ways the internet can help you cope
Gearing up for half term? Here are our five top tips on enjoying tech as a family over the break.
- Viral internet trends: a parent's guide
The growth of social media has brought with it some strange modern phenomena. One of the more recent…
- A parent's guide to Vlogging - what you need to know
Know your Zoellas from your PewDiePies: a parent's guide to vlogging.
- Don’t pay the price for your child’s online fun
Parents sometimes end up paying unexpectedly large phone bills and don’t know why. PhonepayPlus, the…
- Online risk: myths and facts
The internet is a wonderful resource for young people and offers unprecedented opportunities for con…
- How to protect your child from trolls
Sadly, once your child explores the online world, they may find a troll waiting for them. Here's how…
- Understanding online shaming - a guide for parents
You’ve probably heard of public shaming. It’s a centuries-old punishment, for anything from a crime…
- Preventing cybercrime: a parent’s guide
The average age of someone involved in cybercrime is just 17 years old. It's dropped from 24 since l…
- Christmas video games without the surprises
Where to go for information on the video games your children will ask for this Christmas.
- PEGI games ratings explained
Video games ratings explained in full.
Latest Horbury Primary School Events Events
- School opens after half term15Feb2016
E-mail address to send in homework/school projects:
Horbury Primary @HorburyPS
10 Feb RT @lee_stott: "Schools App Challenge Finals 2016" https://t.co/PIuTHLpAAl @westwakefield #futureNHS @HorburyBridgeAc @HorburyPS @Ga_Ma_Yo …
9 Feb @EmmaSavConcepts @Vimeo @westwakefield @HorburyBridgeAc @NobleICT This is great!
9 Feb RT @EmmaSavConcepts: Watch "Schools App Challenge Finals 2016" on @Vimeo https://t.co/n8qZ33EKKy @westwakefield #futureNHS @HorburyBridgeAc…
4 Feb RT @westwakefield: Checked out our #healthapp designed by kids for kids yet? Making good health choices fun! https://t.co/QFB6nXBmtg https:…
3 Feb Calling all young coders....@CodeClub will launch for years 5/6 on 23.2.16 between 3.20-4.20. If you are interested, see Mrs Scott asap
2 Feb RT @eCadets: @HorburyPS woo hoo, that's brilliant! We look forward to seeing your work #edtech