School will be closed on Thursday 23rd June as it is being used as a polling station for the EU Referendum.
Horbury Primary School is a community where children become confident, caring individuals with high aspirations, an enduring enthusiasm for learning and the necessary skills to succeed in life.
The aims of our school
To achieve our vision we aim for all members of our school community to:
- Be confident and independent learners and thinkers
- Help each other and work as a team
- Develop healthy minds and bodies
- Be respectful of ourselves, of others and of the environment
- Always try our best
- Feel happy and safe
- Take responsibility for our own actions
- To be self-disciplined and to have an understanding of right and wrong
We aim to provide:
- A broad, balanced, creative and engaging curriculum
- Enrichment activities which bring value to children’s lives such as
- Visitors into school
- Residential trips
- School gardens
- Voice In A Million
- A stimulating surrounding that is valued by all
- An inclusive and welcoming school
- Opportunities for critical thinking, problem solving and real life experiences
Information for parents regarding internet safety
- Setting safety and privacy settings for social media apps
If you want to set parental controls on apps such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, here's how to…
- Viral internet trends: a parent's guide
The growth of social media has brought with it some strange modern phenomena. One of the more recent…
- Nude selfies: understanding why
CEOP's film explains what they are, and what parents should know about them.
- What is - and isn't - legal online?
The digital world is so new that half the time we don't know what the rules are. In fact, there are…
- A parent's guide to Kik Messenger
What adults need to know about the app their children love using.
The NSPCC website offers advice and support on a wide range of subjects, which you may find useful as a parent. Below are some links to some new advice for parents with children wanting to become more independent and venture out on their own or with friends.
World Book Day
Please see view the images of World Book Day by clicking on the Curriculum tab and then on the English link.
Latest Horbury Primary School Events
- School closes for half term27May2016
- School opens after half term06Jun2016
- School Closed EU Referendum23Jun2016
- School closes for summer19Jul2016
E-mail address to send in homework/school projects:
Horbury Primary @HorburyPS
26 May RT @westwakefield: Half term could be half time in the fight against childhood #obesity in Wakefield https://t.co/N5EqVmML8x #FutureNHS htt…
24 May RT @EmmaSavConcepts: Well we didn't win but proud for being a #hsjvalue finalist. The work to improve child outcomes doesn't stop here @wes…
24 May RT @EmmaSavConcepts: @HorburyPS @westwakefield @drchrisjones1 @hsjvalue Today we find out if HSJ agree with us re youth engagement https://…
24 May Best of luck @westwakefield @EmmaSavConcepts and the team...fantastic work guys! https://t.co/ZFnYPBl1Tm
24 May Good luck! https://t.co/dEMkbrzfhL
17 May RT @westwakefield: READ: How Schools App Challenge gives local families something to smile about @smilemonth https://t.co/vlYv7ToaaN https:…