School will be closed on Thursday 23rd June as it is being used as a polling station for the EU Referendum.
Horbury Primary School is a community where children become confident, caring individuals with high aspirations, an enduring enthusiasm for learning and the necessary skills to succeed in life.
The aims of our school
To achieve our vision we aim for all members of our school community to:
- Be confident and independent learners and thinkers
- Help each other and work as a team
- Develop healthy minds and bodies
- Be respectful of ourselves, of others and of the environment
- Always try our best
- Feel happy and safe
- Take responsibility for our own actions
- To be self-disciplined and to have an understanding of right and wrong
We aim to provide:
- A broad, balanced, creative and engaging curriculum
- Enrichment activities which bring value to children’s lives such as
- Visitors into school
- Residential trips
- School gardens
- Voice In A Million
- A stimulating surrounding that is valued by all
- An inclusive and welcoming school
- Opportunities for critical thinking, problem solving and real life experiences
Information for parents regarding internet safety
- Setting safety and privacy settings for social media apps
If you want to set parental controls on apps such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, here's how to…
- Viral internet trends: a parent's guide
The growth of social media has brought with it some strange modern phenomena. One of the more recent…
- Nude selfies: understanding why
CEOP's film explains what they are, and what parents should know about them.
- What is - and isn't - legal online?
The digital world is so new that half the time we don't know what the rules are. In fact, there are…
- A parent's guide to Kik Messenger
What adults need to know about the app their children love using.
The NSPCC website offers advice and support on a wide range of subjects, which you may find useful as a parent. Below are some links to some new advice for parents with children wanting to become more independent and venture out on their own or with friends.
World Book Day
Please see view the images of World Book Day by clicking on the Curriculum tab and then on the English link.
Latest Horbury Primary School Events
- May Day Bank Holiday02May2016
- Inset/Polling Day - School Closed05May2016
- School closes for half term27May2016
- School opens after half term06Jun2016
- School Closed EU Referendum23Jun2016
E-mail address to send in homework/school projects:
Horbury Primary @HorburyPS
29 Apr Well done to 6D on a fantastic residential 😀 You challenged yourself to try new activities & succeeded You were a credit to the school 👍🏼
29 Apr Estimated time to arrive back is 4:30pm! Please collect your child from the main school reception. They are looking forward to seeing you 😀
29 Apr M62 Summit - Highest motorway in England! Making good progress on the way back from the Lake District! https://t.co/ebj0EyRXYy
29 Apr Huge thank you to all the staff @EwWaterpark. Another fantastic residential enjoyed by all the Yr6 children and staff from HPS! Well done 😀
29 Apr Just left Lancaster services & heading towards the M62! Traffic flowing well at the moment & children are enjoying relaxing on the coach 🚎
29 Apr The children and staff received certificates from Water Park! A lunch of sandwiches and delicious cake was eaten! 😋 https://t.co/z8T0Y8iy94