Horbury Primary School is a community where children become confident, caring individuals with high aspirations, an enduring enthusiasm for learning and the necessary skills to succeed in life.
The aims of our school
To achieve our vision we aim for all members of our school community to:
- Be confident and independent learners and thinkers
- Help each other and work as a team
- Develop healthy minds and bodies
- Be respectful of ourselves, of others and of the environment
- Always try our best
- Feel happy and safe
- Take responsibility for our own actions
- To be self-disciplined and to have an understanding of right and wrong
We aim to provide:
- A broad, balanced, creative and engaging curriculum
- Enrichment activities which bring value to children’s lives such as
- Visitors into school
- Residential trips
- School gardens
- Voice In A Million
- A stimulating surrounding that is valued by all
- An inclusive and welcoming school
- Opportunities for critical thinking, problem solving and real life experiences
Information for parents regarding internet safety
- A parent's guide to Kik Messenger
What adults need to know about the app their children love using.
- Choosing age-appropriate video on demand and online content for your family
How to keep your family safe when viewing video on demand and films online and on mobile devices.
- PEGI games ratings explained
Video games ratings explained in full.
- How to protect your child from trolls
Sadly, once your child explores the online world, they may find a troll waiting for them. Here's how…
- WhatsApp: a guide for parents and carers
Teenagers love WhatsApp - as do a lot of parents. Here's what you need to know about it...
The NSPCC website offers advice and support on a wide range of subjects, which you may find useful as a parent. Below are some links to some new advice for parents with children wanting to become more independent and venture out on their own or with friends.
Latest Horbury Primary School Events
- INSET DAYS05Sep2016
8:50 am - 06 sep, 3:20 pm
- School reopens to all pupils07Sep2016
8:50 am - 3:20 pm
E-mail address to send in homework/school projects:
Horbury Primary @HorburyPS
5 Aug RT @westwakefield: Watch out! The Dragon in the Attic is at #Pugneys this Summer! Fun & more with our healthapp @MyWakefield #FutureNHS htt…
27 Jul RT @CodeClub: Looking for some fun digital activities for over the summer? @BBCMIDigital has some great online resources to try: https://t.…
25 Jul RT @westwakefield: Schools out! Keep the kids entertained & active with our #apps. Designed by kids for kids. https://t.co/NkMS0IqDQT https…