Horbury Primary School is a community where children become confident, caring individuals with high aspirations, an enduring enthusiasm for learning and the necessary skills to succeed in life.
The aims of our school
To achieve our vision we aim for all members of our school community to:
- Be confident and independent learners and thinkers
- Help each other and work as a team
- Develop healthy minds and bodies
- Be respectful of ourselves, of others and of the environment
- Always try our best
- Feel happy and safe
- Take responsibility for our own actions
- To be self-disciplined and to have an understanding of right and wrong
We aim to provide:
- A broad, balanced, creative and engaging curriculum
- Enrichment activities which bring value to children’s lives such as
- Visitors into school
- Residential trips
- School gardens
- Voice In A Million
- A stimulating surrounding that is valued by all
- An inclusive and welcoming school
- Opportunities for critical thinking, problem solving and real life experiences
Information for parents regarding internet safety
- Tell everyone about Parent Info
A number of schools have asked us about a Parent Info poster to put up around the school or send hom…
- Having a positive digital footprint
Top tips on how to help your child make their online presence work for them.
- WhatsApp: a guide for parents and carers
Teenagers love WhatsApp - as do a lot of parents. Here's what you need to know about it...
- The 5 digital parenting rules that REALLY matter
There’s a lot of advice out there but here's what every parent needs to know about online safety.
- Preventing cybercrime: a parent’s guide
The average age of someone involved in cybercrime is just 17 years old. It's dropped from 24 since l…
The NSPCC website offers advice and support on a wide range of subjects, which you may find useful as a parent. Below are some links to some new advice for parents with children wanting to become more independent and venture out on their own or with friends.
Latest Horbury Primary School Events
- School holiday - half term24Oct2016
- School reopens31Oct2016
- Open Classrooms01Nov2016
3:20 pm - 4:00 pm
- Anti-bullying week14Nov2016
E-mail address to send in homework/school projects:
Horbury Primary @HorburyPS
21 Oct 6D at the NCM! https://t.co/HMUdKVrY9v
21 Oct 6D have had a great day at the NCM! We took part in an underground tour and the Sally Fletcher Workshop!
21 Oct Year 1 have enjoyed tracing skeletons and adding labels this week. We have also been learning the 'dem bones' skeleton song!
20 Oct @NCMME 6R had a brilliant day down t'pit today & enjoyed the interactive 1842 workshop! Let's hope all the children… https://t.co/ULV6XS4FzK
20 Oct The Nursery children have enjoyed carving a pumpkin today!
18 Oct RT @eCadets: Your superb #pupilvoice is boosting your whole school #onlinesafety Please share so others can join you https://t.co/EXzQvoW96…