School will be closed on Thursday 23rd June as it is being used as a polling station for the EU Referendum.
KS2 Sport Festival Wednesday 29th June 10am - 3pm.
KS1 Sport Festival Tuesday 28th June - 10am - 3pm.
Horbury Primary School is a community where children become confident, caring individuals with high aspirations, an enduring enthusiasm for learning and the necessary skills to succeed in life.
The aims of our school
To achieve our vision we aim for all members of our school community to:
- Be confident and independent learners and thinkers
- Help each other and work as a team
- Develop healthy minds and bodies
- Be respectful of ourselves, of others and of the environment
- Always try our best
- Feel happy and safe
- Take responsibility for our own actions
- To be self-disciplined and to have an understanding of right and wrong
We aim to provide:
- A broad, balanced, creative and engaging curriculum
- Enrichment activities which bring value to children’s lives such as
- Visitors into school
- Residential trips
- School gardens
- Voice In A Million
- A stimulating surrounding that is valued by all
- An inclusive and welcoming school
- Opportunities for critical thinking, problem solving and real life experiences
Information for parents regarding internet safety
- What are parental controls and how can they help children stay safe online?
Filters and parental controls may not be the complete answer to keeping children safe online, but th…
- What is - and isn't - legal online?
The digital world is so new that half the time we don't know what the rules are. In fact, there are…
- Setting safety and privacy settings for social media apps
If you want to set parental controls on apps such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, here's how to…
- Viral internet trends: a parent's guide
The growth of social media has brought with it some strange modern phenomena. One of the more recent…
- Nude selfies: understanding why
CEOP's film explains what they are, and what parents should know about them.
The NSPCC website offers advice and support on a wide range of subjects, which you may find useful as a parent. Below are some links to some new advice for parents with children wanting to become more independent and venture out on their own or with friends.
Latest Horbury Primary School Events
- KS1 Sports Day28Jun2016
10:00 am - 3:20 pm
- KS2 Sports Day29Jun2016
10:00 am - 3:20 pm
- Horbury Pyramid Music Day30Jun2016
9:15 am - 2:30 pm @ Horbury Academy
- Year 2 Trip to Filey04Jul2016
8:40 am - 3:20 pm
- Year 6 Transition Day and School "Move Up" Day05Jul2016
8:50 am - 3:20 pm
E-mail address to send in homework/school projects:
Horbury Primary @HorburyPS
25 Jun RT @eCadets: Fantastic work! Good luck everyone #esafety #edtech https://t.co/VizXVSMHgA
23 Jun @eCadets recruitment is underway! Lunchtime session on Monday for all interested children - 'Why do you think you'd make a great eCadet?'
17 Jun Impressed with this @HorburyAcademy https://t.co/9JK8D1HcOD