Horbury Primary School is a community where children become confident, caring individuals with high aspirations, an enduring enthusiasm for learning and the necessary skills to succeed in life.
The aims of our school
To achieve our vision we aim for all members of our school community to:
- Be confident and independent learners and thinkers
- Help each other and work as a team
- Develop healthy minds and bodies
- Be respectful of ourselves, of others and of the environment
- Always try our best
- Feel happy and safe
- Take responsibility for our own actions
- To be self-disciplined and to have an understanding of right and wrong
We aim to provide:
- A broad, balanced, creative and engaging curriculum
- Enrichment activities which bring value to children’s lives such as
- Visitors into school
- Residential trips
- School gardens
- Voice In A Million
- A stimulating surrounding that is valued by all
- An inclusive and welcoming school
- Opportunities for critical thinking, problem solving and real life experiences
Information for parents regarding internet safety
- WhatsApp: a guide for parents and carers
Teenagers love WhatsApp - as do a lot of parents. Here's what you need to know about it...
- The 5 digital parenting rules that REALLY matter
There’s a lot of advice out there but here's what every parent needs to know about online safety.
- Preventing cybercrime: a parent’s guide
The average age of someone involved in cybercrime is just 17 years old. It's dropped from 24 since l…
- A parent's guide to Kik Messenger
What adults need to know about the app their children love using.
- Choosing age-appropriate video on demand and online content for your family
How to keep your family safe when viewing video on demand and films online and on mobile devices.
The NSPCC website offers advice and support on a wide range of subjects, which you may find useful as a parent. Below are some links to some new advice for parents with children wanting to become more independent and venture out on their own or with friends.
Latest Horbury Primary School Events
- Individual school photographs29Sep2016
- Open Classrooms04Oct2016
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- Year 2 SPAG meeting for parents05Oct2016
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
E-mail address to send in homework/school projects:
Horbury Primary @HorburyPS
23 Sep Year 5 are running about 20 minutes late due to traffic. Hope to arrive back at school around 3.45
23 Sep 5Don & 5Humber are homeward bound after a fantastic day river exploring & team building. You just might have some tired children tonight 😊
23 Sep Year 5 have arrived safely at Nell Bank, if a little behind schedule. Looking forward to a fun filled day ahead!
23 Sep The Nursery children are enjoying playing with the crates!
23 Sep Year 5 are super excited about the Nell Bank trip today and the brilliant activities they'll be taking part in!
23 Sep 1TD have enjoyed making puppets of themselves in the Design and Make Area this week!