Horbury Primary Academy is a community where children become confident, caring individuals with high aspirations, an enduring enthusiasm for learning and the necessary skills to succeed in life.
The aims of our school
To achieve our vision we aim for all members of our school community to:
- Be confident and independent learners and thinkers
- Help each other and work as a team
- Develop healthy minds and bodies
- Be respectful of ourselves, of others and of the environment
- Always try our best
- Feel happy and safe
- Take responsibility for our own actions
- To be self-disciplined and to have an understanding of right and wrong
We aim to provide:
- A broad, balanced, creative and engaging curriculum
- Enrichment activities which bring value to children’s lives such as
- Visitors into school
- Residential trips
- School gardens
- Voice In A Million
- A stimulating surrounding that is valued by all
- An inclusive and welcoming school
- Opportunities for critical thinking, problem solving and real life experiences
The NSPCC website offers advice and support on a wide range of subjects, which you may find useful as a parent. Below are some links to some new advice for parents with children wanting to become more independent and venture out on their own or with friends.
Latest Horbury Primary School Events
- Safer Internet day07Feb2017
- Open Classrooms07Feb2017
3:20 pm - 4:00 pm
- School holiday - half term13Feb2017
E-mail address to send in homework/school projects:
Horbury Primary @HorburyPS
10:29 The Reception children have enjoyed mark making in our winter tray outside.
13 Jan First @eCadets meeting of the new term and our team are raring to go with their new whole school challenge! 👍
13 Jan The Nursery children have been exploring ice in the water this week!
10 Jan #giveasmile this Safer Internet Day. Look out for our specially designed emojis coming soon #SID2017 @safeinternetday 😊
10 Jan On 7 February, let's unite for a better internet together! We've just signed up to the #SID2017 supporters list #SaferinternetDay
10 Jan Our role play area in reception is, 'The Three Bears Cottage'. The children are enjoying acting out the story.