Early Years at Horbury Primary consists of a Nursery Unit and two Reception classes which are bright and well resourced. Both our Nursery and Reception children are safe and secure inside and in their respective outside areas.
The Early Years Foundation Stage Currirulum (EYFS) is made up of 7 areas of learning.
3 Primary areas of learning:
- Personal, social and emotional development (PSED)
- Communication and Language (C&L)
- Physical development (PD)
4 specific areas of learning:
- Literacy (Reading and Writng)
- Mathematics (Number and Space, shape and measures)
- Understanding the world (UTW)
- Creative development (CD)
We encourage independence in a safe, caring and well-planned environments both in and out of doors.