BEFORE THE END OF TERM THE SCHOOL COUNCIL ENJOYED UNPACKING NEW BOOKS FOR OUR SCHOOL LIBRARY. The books were purchased with commission earned from the Scholastic Book Fair. We look forward to being part of the next one very soon.
- At the beginning of each school year a new School Council is elected from children in year groups 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. One child is chosen from each class in these year groups, along with the Head Boy and Girl from year 6.
- Children volunteer to represent their class and share their ideas for the year ahead. An election is then held whereby prospective school councillors are asked to prepare a short presentation to their peers about their personal strengths, ideas and reasons for wanting to be part of the school council. The children and staff join together to make an informed decision and vote.
- All School Councillors wear a badge so they can be easily recognised throughout school. The School Council meet on a regular basis with the school council facilitators Mrs Norfolk and Mrs Clarke
Role of the School Council
The School Council play a crucial role in the development of our school. They are an extremely dedicated, responsible team of children who are keen to represent the voices of all children in school. The school council;
- Have ideas for school
- Represent others in their class
- Meet regularly, writing minutes for each meeting
- Help to organise events
- Seek opportunities to improve areas of school
- Lead assemblies and competitions
- Join debates
- Lead projects e.g. Fruit Stall
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO REPRESENT THE PUPIL VOICE FOR YOUR CLASS and BE PART OF THE SCHOOL COUNCIL 2017/18... TALK TO MRS NORFOLK OR MRS CLARKE IN SEPTEMBER ... FIND OUT HOW TO APPLY...
Meet the School Council 2016/17
Head Boy Head Girl
SCHOOL COUNCIL BLOG
We have achieved so much and feel proud to have represented the pupil voice for HPA...
Introducing 'BUDDY BADGES' in KS1
Raising money for a 'BUDDY BENCH' in KS1 and KS2
Raising awareness for ANTI-BULLYING
Organising competitions and projects
Presenting and being part of assemblies
Running chess club
Holding meetings and discussions
Listening to ideas and suggestions
THE CHILDREN FROM ALL YEARS ENJOYED DESIGNING THEIR CARDS...
Hossein photographed his classmates designing raindeer cards, each one included a different message.
George in Year 3 photographed his class adding tissue paper trees to their design after they had completed an effective colour wash.
Maisie from Year 4 photographed her class enjoying their art lesson. They used paints, felt tip pens, coloured pencils and collage techniques to create the picture for their cards.
Kaden and Lily took part in the year 2 art session. All the children got their hands messy and made their choice to print: a Santa, a rudolph or a tree.
See our slide show below...
We raised £408.88 for
MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT
Here are some of the projects from previous years...