Sports Premium Funding
Horbury Primary Academy's PE and Sport Vision
“For all children in Horbury Primary Academy to experience excellent physical education, school sport and physical activity that will lead to life-long participation.”
Sports Premium Funding comes directly from the government and must be used to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, so that they develop healthy lifestyles.
Allocations for the academic year 2017/18 are calculated using the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6, and those age 5 in Year R, as recorded on January 2016 Census, as follows:
• Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 plus £10 per eligible pupil
• Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils receive £1000 per eligible pupil.
The reports below detail how the funding has and will be spent. Furthermore, the reports show the evidence and impact for PE and Sport at Horbury Primary Academy.
At Horbury Primary School we aim to use the funding for a number of different things;
• To provide specialist staff development training
• To employ high quality coaches to teach in curriculum time alongside teachers to aid their professional development
• To develop the number of extra-curricular sporting opportunities
• To increase participation in intra and interschool competitions
• To access training for year 6 children who will then be used as play leaders
- To encourage all children to be active in the hope that they will develop an enjoyment for lifelong activity.
The ultimate aim is to engage more children in PE and school sports, by offering new opportunities, leading to all children at Horbury Primary Academy being able to lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
Year 6 children and teachers worked with Jodi from Dance Explosions to develop a street dance routine, which was then performed in front of the school. Using the Primary Sports Funding, we are hoping to have Jodi in again to work with other classes and to further develop teacher's knowledge in the planning and delivery of dance.