Pastoral Care, Guidance and Support
Your child’s well being and happiness is of the utmost importance to us at Horbury Primary Academy. We aim to promote the health and happiness of all the children and families within our school community. We are a point of contact for families, offering confidential support and advice during challenging times, such as, family separation, bereavement, divorce, health worries and so on.
We have a wide range of resources and outside agency contacts who we work very closely with. Please do not hesitate to make an appointment to see Mrs Collin or Mrs Sleight if you would like a confidential chat.
We have devised a list of contacts and phone numbers of organisations and agencies who are there to help you and your family.
Phone Numbers underlined are free of charge to call
The NSPCC website offers advice and support on a wide range of subjects, which you may find useful as a parent. Below are some links to some new advice for parents with children wanting to become more independent and venture out on their own or with friends.
Mental Health Services for Children
Anti Bullying Alliance
The Anti-bullying Alliance is a coalition of organisations and individuals working together to stop bullying and create safe environments in which children and young people can live, grow, play and learn. http://www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk/
Obesity Support for Children
- Connect 3 Programme (A local organisation) - 01977 665800
Bereavement Support for Children
- Cruse Bereavement (A national organisation) - 0844 477 9400
- STAR Bereavement (A local organisation) - 01924 214025
General Support for Children
- Debbie Whittaker (Parent Support Advisor for Horbury) - 01924 282740
- School Nursing Service - 01924 327537
- Childline - 0800 11 11
- NSPCC - 0808 800 5000
- Support Line - 01708 765200
Support for Adults and Young People
- Samaritans - 08457 90 90 90
- Talk to Frank (Drug Support Helpline) - 0800 776 600
- Drinkline (National Alcohol Misuse Helpline) - 0300 123 1110
- Job Centre Plus - 0800 055 66 88
- Safe at Home (Support for Domestic Abuse in Wakefield) - 0800 915 1561
- Social Care Direct (Social Services) - 0845 8 503 503
- Mortgage Rescue Team - 01924 306665 or 01924 306618
- Housing Benefits - 0845 8 504 504
- Housing Association - 0845 8 507 507